Add Home/Away images for the State Image Sel Enumeration

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:54 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Add Home/Away images for the State Image Sel Enumeration

A welcome addition to the list of State Image Sel Enumeration images would be a Home and Away image

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 am
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Add Home/Away images for the State Image Sel Enumeration

Any chance these will see some updates?

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Still on the ToDo list but right now we are top priority is Python 3 support for scripts and plugins.

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:52 pm
ryanbuckner offline

matt (support) wrote:
Still on the ToDo list but right now we are top priority is Python 3 support for scripts and plugins.

Totally understood. Thanks Matt.

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:41 pm
Different Computers offline

It’s a totally weird way of doing it, and there are some limitations, but it’s possible to make your variable for home status an emoji . And Away too. So that would give you an image that represents the status.

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2022 7:01 am
ryanbuckner offline

Different Computers wrote:
It’s a totally weird way of doing it, and there are some limitations, but it’s possible to make your variable for home status an emoji . And Away too. So that would give you an image that represents the status.

Go on....

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 am
Different Computers offline

I’m not sure what more to explain. I have a variable that represents “house mode“. Those modes correspond to home, away, and asleep. But instead of using those three words, I use three different emoji. One of the house, one of an arrow pointing out, and one of a bed.

Indigo is perfectly good at using those emoji as variables. So the logic is just the same as using the term “home” and the emoji for a House. If variable equals house emoji …

This allows me to display these “variable images” in control pages. The only hitch with this is that there are some limitations in size since they are just characters in a font, really. I use some old iPads for control panels, and older versions of iOS use slightly different fonts that display a little wonky.

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:41 am
ryanbuckner offline

My use case is to change the icon in the client application to represent the status of the plugin device - not on the control pages tho, thanks!

Page 1 of 1