Indigo Event Log Font

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:58 am
DaveL17 offline

Indigo Event Log Font

Each day that passes by, the font size in the Indigo events log becomes a little smaller and harder to read. I'm not sure why you thought it was necessary to add this feature, but if you wouldn't mind, it would be helpful to have controls to override it.

If that's too much to ask, it would be truly helpful to have a system setting or toggle buttons ( [A ^] [A v] ) to increase/decrease the font size displayed in the events log window. Since I'm wishing for things, it would be nice to be able to adjust the colors for debug and error events, too.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:08 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Event Log Font

I've noticed that feature as well recently. Added to the feature request list. :?

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:23 am
DaveL17 offline

Thanks Matt!

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Each day that passes by, the font size in the Indigo events log becomes a little smaller and harder to read.

That is called getting older... :roll:

matt (support) wrote:
I've noticed that feature as well recently.

That means you are too. :roll:

So, while we are adding things to the feature list regarding this topic, can you also please increase the font on medicine bottles and Zwave instruction booklets, I'm old too. :lol:

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:30 am
Professor Falken offline

Not to get too far away from Indigo on the board, but a good pair of progressive add lenses will work wonders for this. A GOOD pair, not the junk sold at Costso/Walmart/Sams/EyeMart, etc.

Even better is to get a pair of dedicated "computer glasses", with half the reading add moved to the the top of the lens (if using lined bifocals) or to the whole lens (if done as single vision lenses). Then you've got a large area devoted to that computer/intermediate vision distance. Just can't look up at the TV while using them, as there's nowhere on the lens for distance vision.

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:20 pm
DaveL17 offline

@Colorado4Wheeler: things seem to be getting heavier and the floor seems farther away when you have to reach it, too. :D

@Professor Falken: I know, you're right. I'm probably due for a new script. But somehow that just feels like admitting defeat. Plus, why not just rely on Matt and Jay to code their way out of my problem! :D

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DaveL17 wrote:
@Professor Falken: I know, you're right. I'm probably due for a new script. But somehow that just feels like admitting defeat. Plus, why not just rely on Matt and Jay to code their way out of my problem! :D

FYI, I already wear a pair of good progressives and @Professor Falken is spot on. This, however, doesn't mean that you other old farts should depend on us to be your progressive lenses!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jay (support) wrote:
This, however, doesn't mean that you other old farts should depend on us to be your progressive lenses!

Who's got Vera's sales department number? :lol:

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:14 pm
kw123 offline

finding bugs
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 17.12.19.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 17.12.19.png (267 KiB) Viewed 3323 times

Posted on
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Maybe you guys need to cast your screen to some VR goggles and have the equivalent of an 80-in screen to read with! :-)

Apparently picking up two martial arts after the age of forty plus doing strength exercises helps with the old age feeling; might not help the eyes but might help with the items getting heavier and the floor being farther away! (The latter, especially since you meet the floor quite often in Judo...)

For those whose corrected eyes are marginal on the computer, I find the tinted screen viewing glasses from Gunnar Optiks are really helpful. They don't magnify, but the contrast / crispness is definitely improved and I have far fewer headaches at the end of the day when using them. Going to bifocals is admitting defeat and I will fight it until the end! :-)

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:52 pm
thumpinc offline

This was a couple of years ago and things keep getting smaller. Any progress on adding font size controls to the display windows?

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:47 pm
peszko offline

I must agree with this. It is getting really hard to read the screen. I must say that for me this has become a a high priority.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Agreed!

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:06 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.5 is now available and includes a preference for Event Log font size.

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:25 pm
DaveL17 offline

This is most welcome. Thanks guys.