Security/ User Access Control for Indigo Webserver / Touch

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:07 am
outsidenwnc offline

Security/ User Access Control for Indigo Webserver / Touch

I'd like to get this feature request on the radar.

I would like the ability to add roles to Indigo for different functions - view only, view and control, no access, etc. and then the ability to add users to these roles. Stretch goal - add groups- kids, adults, maintenance!).

Using these users and groups be able to
- Control which area of the Indigo webserver users could access- for instance I only want my wife/ kids to access the Control pages and not devices, variables, etc. Of those configure which ones they can view only and some they can view or control.
- ditto for Indigo Touch app

Any subset of above for webserver/ touch access control would be a plus!

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Security/ User Access Control for Indigo Webserver / Tou

Thanks for the request and feedback. We definitely do need to have more granular access control into Indigo (from Indigo Touch and Web Server), so this is on the feature request list.

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:05 am
eme jota ce offline

Appreciate that this feature request is on the list and has been discussed in several sections of this forum.

While agreeing with the feature request, above, user access control requests in the Forum aren't always based on users / groups. We will log into Indigo touch / webserver from separate devices. In other words, while it would be great to have my children's iPads limited to certain access via their logins from their own devices, we have an iPad mounted on the refrigerator that parents, kids, and guests use ... so just requiring an extra password from that device / user to access, for example, security alarm pages would be great. In other words, I don't want to log out one account and into another every morning to turn off the alarm via Indigo Touch but would be glad to enter an additional (pop us) access code to reach that control page from the usual user on that room's most handy device.

Likely, you have a better framework in mind than described, above ... just asking that you keep multiple types of access control requests in mind.

Thanks for all your work to make this a great product.

Posted on
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:41 pm
kadluvu offline

As a first step, I could benefit from simply having multiple user/password authentication. Our house sitter has touch configured on her phone so we just trust when she's not house sitting, she isn't using the app. it would be nice to be able to quickly turn off her access when she isn't house sitting.

In addition to what outsidenwnc posted, I would also like to have access on a schedule. (House cleaner has access Wednesday 8-5 as an example) though just having multiple userID's would solve 100% of my current need.

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:59 am
McJohn offline

This is a loooong term wish from us.
Any ETA? This year? About ten years? :D

Posted on
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We don't pre-announce features (unless a release that contains the feature is imminent, then sometimes we do tease it). At this point, all we can say is that it's on the feature request list.

And there are workarounds (reverse proxies) if it's something that is absolutely a must have.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1