Indigo Touch Request - iOS Clock - Bedtime trigger

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:15 am
AndyVirus offline

Indigo Touch Request - iOS Clock - Bedtime trigger

Hello,

Hopefully this is not a duplicate, could not find anyone asking this elsewhere on the forum...

Is it technically possible for an app, in this case Indigo Touch, to read settings from the Apple Clock app, specifically the Bedtime section. If it is can I request the feature:

Trigger an action group (or virtual device or anything) when the wake up time has been reached in the Bedtime function of Clock on iOS (or x mins before to allow for lights to fade in before the alrm goes off on the phone).

I do have a control page to set a wake up time but this is ineligent compared to Bedtime I trust my phone alarm, it has never failed me. Control page has either due to forgetting to set it, forggetting to turn it on or something failed in the night like a power cut cuasing an issue. I travel alot so to have to rememebr to set the alarm differently when home than when in a hotel is not fluid.

So if it is possible to have an app read the clock app via documented api (no idea if you can), then having it be able to trigger an action based on the clock app would be perfect. It would also need to be able to only trigger when I am home so might not be fully useful until Indigo Touch supports geolocations nativley or can only trigger based on a condition which marks that i am home.

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch Request - iOS Clock - Bedtime trigger

Given how things are sandboxed in iOS, it seems likely to me that that data is unavailable. We'll add it to the request list to investigate for some future release.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:52 am
AndyVirus offline

I was hoping there might be a documented API. I read somewhere that the Phillips Hue app can do this (paid for feature apparently) but i have no idea where to see what API calls are possible for iOS. Not that i could do much with that even if i did know :-)

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:44 am
durosity offline

i can't say i've seen that feature with the Hue lights.. any idea where the setting is?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:42 pm
AndyVirus offline

I was mistaken, i miss read the reddit thread, the app Sleep Cycle has hue integration... damn skim reading.

I would have expected home app to be able to create an automation based on the clock/bedtime then i could have done something with homebridge but alas no. I have even considered making a bedside alarmclock that at alarm time (or x mins before) sends a http get or post to a control page to start a scene of sorts... but that again is a faff. Still end up doing something alien when im home then when im away. Would just be good to know if it is possible. Will sign up as a dev and see if i can find any reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:31 pm
durosity offline

Yeah I was hoping for some HomeKit integration with the alarm/phone/messages/etc apps in iOS 11 but no joy.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 am
MarcoGT offline

I think (just a quick Google search) there is no API for the alarm clock
This is a feature I would like to have because I also have to set two different alarm clocks (when needed, normally they do not change during the week with normal routine)

Page 1 of 1