Indigo client SW update friendliness

Posted on
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:54 am
dduff617 offline

Indigo client SW update friendliness

Indigo server prompts when there is a new version and takes you to the download page.

I don't seem to get a similar convenience when running an out of date client, however. It just tells me the client version is incompatible with the server and quits. It seems it would be more friendly to have an "upgrade client to same version as server" button. or failing that, at least a button that takes you to the download page.

For me, this merely creates a few extra steps, however this also affects others in my household who are less directly involved with the care and feeding of my HA system, and I'd really like to keep things as simple as possible for them.

Also for client installs, each time you do an install the settings from the last install are ignored/forgotten - specifically for what i assume must be a common "laptop install" case where you want only the client program and not the extra server stuff to be installed. Personal observation: in many years of running Indigo, I don't think I've ever switched a server installation to a client or vice versa.

Some specific suggestions:

• Give client users some more convenient way to remedy the client-out-of-date-wrt-server problem rather than merely showing an error.
  • Provide "install update and relaunch" button instead of just a "go to the Indigodomo website" button (for both client and server)
  • Sticky default settings so that (unless i click the "customize" button) "the right thing" happens when i upgrade an existing client or a server.

Posted on
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo client SW update friendliness

Added to request list. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1