Copy Keypad Configurations

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:44 pm
koensayr offline

Copy Keypad Configurations

I'm looking for a way to effectively copy a keypad (or other device) configuration to another device. Most of this comes out of laziness and my innate desire to automate everything, as I'd rather not point and click my way through all of this.

I have one KeypadLinc setup in my home to control a Sonos (using the Sonos Plugin, which BTW works like a champ!). I have five more keypads that I need to setup to do the same, but programming them with Indigo is just time consuming. Is there a way to "copy" the config of one keypad to another? I'm sure there is a way I could script this up, but thought I'd ask more before I dove in. Also, I'm well aware that by the time I get a response and do some coding, I could have probably just point-n-clicked my way through it.

Thoughts?

-Josh

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 pm
howartp offline

Re: Copy Keypad Configurations

You can duplicate a device in the UI, but I don’t know if that applies to Insteon - I’m not familiar with all the linking stuff you have to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 pm
koensayr offline

I saw that. I'm not really sure what the use case for that is, as it doesn't seem to duplicate the KPL configurations or associated triggers.

Posted on
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:46 pm
howartp offline

For anything other than Insteon it’s very useful, particularly plugin-defined devices.

I have timer devices for each of my battery modules - if they haven’t communicated in x hours I get an email.

I created one timer, duplicated it 10 times, renamed them and changed the subject of the email - I didn’t have to retype my email address, username, password, body of the email etc 10 times as those pieces of data didn’t change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Duplicating an Indigo device in the UI won't update links, because at the time of the duplication we don't know what the new Insteon address is... ;)

There currently isn't a way to duplicate links across Insteon devices. We'll add it to the list, but honestly it'll be quite a low priority. While it is somewhat time intensive upon first setup, once it's done it's done (so to speak).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:00 pm
koensayr offline

Agreed. Thank you. I thought it was worth mentioning. If we get native Sonos support then I suppose most of my use case goes out the window.

Posted on
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:19 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

koensayr wrote:
If we get native Sonos support then I suppose most of my use case goes out the window.

Not sure what "native" support means - what does the current 3rd party Sonos plugin not do that you need?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1