Hide unneeded/unused plugins

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:24 am
berkinet offline

Hide unneeded/unused plugins

This is an old request that probably got lost around v5. So, just for the record, here it is again.

I'd like to see a means to hide plugins I neither need nor want.

The reason: There are several plugins that I do not run and will (probably) never run. EasyDAQ USB Relay Cards is a good example. Yet, they still appear in my Plugins list. This is not an issue with 3rd party plugins. But, with official plugins, each time I update my server version, they re-appear in my Plugins (Disabled) folder, and thus in my plugin list.

To address this (admittedly minor) issue, I have created a Plugins (Unused) folder inside the Plugins folder and after each upgrade I move the plugins I wish to hide to the Plugins (Unused) folder, where they remain until the next upgrade.

If Indigo could provide a means for accomplishing this end, it would make life a little easier.

Thanks for considering this.

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:07 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hide unneeded/unused plugins

I'm definitely not opposed to the concept / idea here, but knowing the implementation details of how the Indigo installer and server handle upgrades to our internal plugins this one won't be trivial to implement. That said, I think we can probably move the EasyDAQ plugin out of the core installer and up to be a GIT download. It pretty much never changes and all the folks that have EasyDAQ hardware probably already have the plugin. That doesn't help with your other "unused" plugins though. ;-)

Posted on
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 am
berkinet offline

Re: Hide unneeded/unused plugins

matt (support) wrote:
I'm definitely not opposed to the concept / idea here, but knowing the implementation details of how the Indigo installer and server handle upgrades to our internal plugins this one won't be trivial to implement. That said, I think we can probably move the EasyDAQ plugin out of the core installer and up to be a GIT download. It pretty much never changes and all the folks that have EasyDAQ hardware probably already have the plugin. That doesn't help with your other "unused" plugins though. ;-)

Personally, I don't use: Airfoil Pro, EasyDAQ Relay Card, iCal Alarm Processor, iTunes, NOAA Weather or the SQL Logger

Just a suggestion: How about not shipping the "built-in" plugins (meaning those that are not truly built-in, like Z-Wave, and not necessary for running Indigo) and instead, provide an option under Plugins > Manage Plugins... to add them from a list. The download and installation would then be automatic. There would still be considerations about updates. But, it might be worth exploring.

In any case, thanks for considering the request.

Page 1 of 1