Control page as trigger response

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 am
pocster offline

Control page as trigger response

Hey all,

Loving indigo. Did search on this but couldn't see anything - though I might have missed it.

Amongst other things where this would be useful I'm trying to implement a video door bell.
Essentially when the doorbell is pressed I would like a control page to come up (say with a live video feed for example).

Related to this as I have a few iPads as control panels; all the kids fiddle with them!

It would be great again say on my iPhone to 'lock' other devices (like they immediately have a 'limited' control page). This could be based on the devices name or MAC address etc. etc.
Then when the kids have gone (phew!) on touch iOS turn off "annoying kid" mode and all control pages on all devices resort back to normal.

I'm pretty sure none of that's possible yet???

Matt & Jay your doing a great job!

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:48 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: Control page as trigger response

My mom has an IPad that she uses primarily to watch the driveway video and control some external insteon lighting. I use Kiosk Pro lite to sort of imilement a "kids mode". On startup it always comes up in Kiosk mode which starts up in Safari at a control page that just has links to other specific pages; Security camera updating URLs and lighting control pages... so the IPad can't go anywhere else until and unless you touch 2 fingers to the screen and then punch in an unlock code that allows full access. I've heard there are similar products for the cheap droid pads, but haven't found one I like yet.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Control page as trigger response

Pushing a control page from Indigo to an iPad is my number 1 feature request for Indigo Touch. DomoPad for Android is great and makes a $50 Amazon Fire tablet into something really useful, but if Touch could receive pushed pages, I'd be using that almost exclusively.

DomoPad doesn't do the security stuff you want though.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1