'Slave' version of Indigo server

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 am
MartinG offline

'Slave' version of Indigo server

I would love to see a cut-down version of Indigo which can run on a different machine (on the same network as the primary server), which does little more than feed events to/from the primary installation.

The problem I'm trying to solve is running an effective automation system in an outbuilding. I have power and Gigabit Ethernet, so the building is on the same LAN as the main house. Everything in the main house runs well on Z-Wave, but I just can't achieve a reliable Z-Wave connection to the outbuilding.

I'll speculate that deep inside of Indigo there is an event handler which aggregates/distributes all the events across the various supported interfaces (eg Z-Wave, Insteon, etc). Could this also run across an IP connection?

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 'Slave' version of Indigo server

I recommend putting a used Vera out in your outbuilding (assuming you only need on/off/dimmer, lock, and thermostats) and use the Vera Bridge plugin.

We've had a couple of requests for a way to sync 2 Indigo Servers, but it's quite low on the priority list (it could be done in a 3rd party plugin however).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:14 am
johnfdl offline

You'll likely find several folks here who are doing nothing with their old Vera since they found Indigo :mrgreen:

Posted on
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:07 pm
MartinG offline

Sadly, this isn't going to solve my problem :(

I have:
lights on/off relays - should work
sprinkler valve controls - should work

but also:
power monitoring socket relay adaptor - probably won't work

Conveniently, my robot mower dock is about 2/3 of the way between house and outbuilding, and it has a DC power supply, so I'm going to see if I can use that to power an intermediate relay device which can also monitor whether the mower has been out of its dock for too long (i.e. it's stuck somewhere)

Page 1 of 1