RESTful API support for retrieving Custom States

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:41 am
tomet offline

RESTful API support for retrieving Custom States

Hi.

It seems that when you retrieve device information using the RESTful API, it does not return the custom state information. Based on Forum searches, I assume there is no way to get this information currently.

If not, would it be possible to get this added as a feature in a future version.

Thanks

Tom

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: RESTful API support for retrieving Custom States

It's on the feature request list. The RESTful API predates Indigo 5, which introduced the new Python API/scripting and plugins, and the mechanism we built the RESTful API on doesn't have access to that data yet. It's most definitely on the list but it's a non-trivial amount of work so it'll take a while to get there.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:37 pm
kappa12 offline

jay (support) wrote:
It's on the feature request list. The RESTful API predates Indigo 5, which introduced the new Python API/scripting and plugins, and the mechanism we built the RESTful API on doesn't have access to that data yet. It's most definitely on the list but it's a non-trivial amount of work so it'll take a while to get there.

Sorry to post to an old thread, but has the functionality to access customer device states been added to the RESTful API yet? I don't think it has, but want to confirm before I spend time looking into another approach for my use case. Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct, it has not yet been added. It is pretty high on the priority list but no ETA yet.

Page 1 of 1