How to detect a restart/shutdown

Posted on
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:04 pm
anothersphere offline

How to detect a restart/shutdown

I have some triggers that detect that specific python based plugins have gone rogue (become zombies mostly).
I have refined the triggers to stop a loop occurring in my logic that happens if I force the trigger (forcing a restart via trigger on a non stalled plugin was causing the trigger to fire again).
I do have an issue however where indigo is being shut down - the triggers can fire because the work flow has become unresponsive.
What I would love to have is a means to put a logic gate If not(indigo restarting/shutting down).
We have a starting up event, I would love a shutdown event/property that allows me to gaurd against problems.

Why? Well we had a power outage and it looks like indigo may have stalled the shutdown of the server, meaning it never gracefully shut down in the time allowed.

I say may as it was last night and my investigation has been brief so far.
It might have been pesky skype which never seems to want to quit.

I am using the built in power management, shut down when on battery for x minutes to handle the shutdown.
I am detecting by script the UPS state and logging it for my info.

Martin Miller

Auckland - New Zealand

Posted on
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to detect a restart/shutdown

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the appropriate forum.

We've had a few requests for a shutdown trigger so it's on the list already.

While anything is possible, I think it's very unlikely that the server stopped the shutdown. And, to be honest, if you're having things hang up that frequently you probably want to get to the bottom of why those are happening. Fix the problem rather than fixing a symptom...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:21 pm
anothersphere offline

Re: How to detect a restart/shutdown

Great, its on the list. :D

Please dont read more into my post than I said. I am not having a frequent issue, but I am having an issue when the server is supposed to shut down due to a power outage.
Its not a scenario that I can do a fire drill for without risking what I am seeking to avoid - the server being arbitrarily dumped with no power.
The indigo logs dont seem to say 'indigo is now shutdown - bye' so its a little hard to know if it did actually shut down.

Martin Miller

Auckland - New Zealand

Page 1 of 1