add OSX and iOS Update News Topics

Posted on
Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 pm
CraigM offline

add OSX and iOS Update News Topics

Matt/Jay,

Would it possible for you to add an OS X Update News and iOS Update News sticky topics to the board that pertain to the status of when the DEVELOPERS feel it is safe to update. No user posts, just Matt/Jay based on their experience and user input.

This would allow us an easy place to check status, instead of hunting for the info.

I realize that there are many user posts scattered around that give there own personal status of how an update is performing, (or not performing), and although this is very helpful, I don't consider something "blessed" until I hear it from the developers.

As much as I'm REALLY getting tired of the constant update messages that you can't shut off, having HA features that don't work or need hours of bandaid fixes would be much worse.

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:36 pm
CraigM offline

Re: add OSX and iOS Update News Topics

What are the "blessed" iOS and OS X versions for Indigo v6 and v7?

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: add OSX and iOS Update News Topics

There are a lot of folks running the most recent non-beta versions of iOS and macOS. The two outstanding issues are that: 1) on iOS there appears to be a memory leak on some devices that use refreshing control page images, 2) on macOS USB tends to be more flakey on the more recent versions (Sierra), in particular on some older Macs.

We are actively investigating #1, and #2 is not something we can fix (kernel/driver level issue) although switching ports or using a USB hub tends to help (and very few people have reported problems). If you are doing a major macOS update, then I always recommend creating a mirror duplicate (Carbon Copy Cloner) image of your hard drive first so you can quickly revert if things go south.

Page 1 of 1