Categorise devices, triggers, schedules etc by tag

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:26 pm
jmdraper offline

Categorise devices, triggers, schedules etc by tag

Sorry if this has already been requested - a quick search turned nothing up. My suggestion is for the Mac desktop interface. As well as being able to add triggers, schedules, devices etc to folders in their respective sections in the left hand column, it would be really handy to be able to also tag them to organise them into arbitrary groupings. There would be a single extra 'section' at the bottom of the left-hand column, beneath 'control pages' for 'Tags'. Under that section would be listed the tags, probably in folders just as the other sections are.

The point of this is that I have found I very often have multiple types of 'thing' connected with a single logical 'bit' of my automation. So for example the automation for my heating involves a mix of devices, triggers, schedules, action groups and control pages. When I come to do work on that chunk of automation I have to go chasing around all over the interface to find the disparate pieces. At the moment I end up duplicating folders within each of those other sections but it's clunky and I have a lot of folders now! This way, I'd be able to tag all of those items with 'Heating' and then I'd be able to view them all in a single list. The list could either just contain the basic columns - e.g. Name, last edited time etc that are in common across all element types. Or the right hand pane could show sub-sections down the page within it for devices, schedules etc each with its own 'native' column structure. Either would be fine I think.

Is it just be or would anyone else find this helpful?

Posted on
Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:43 am
howartp offline

Re: Categorise devices, triggers, schedules etc by tag

Definitely helpful, and there's various requests asking the same basic thing but in different ways.

I know it's on Matt/Jays list to do some (good?) things with it - there's been enough requests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1