Template/Style for items in Control Pages

Posted on
Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:43 pm
NicholFD offline

Template/Style for items in Control Pages

I'm in the process of re-thinking my control pages. I have several duplicate items (multiple door/window sensors, multiple multi-sensors, locks, etc.) A lot of these devices on the control page have a specific icon/font/color/size. It would be nice to have some template or style that I could apply to an object on the page.

With the current process, I have to select each object and make the changes manually. If I could create a "multi-sensor" style, I could select a multi-sensor object and apply the style.

To take this further - maybe allow grouping of objects? Then a style could be applied to a "group" and it's done with one change!

And to take this to the next step, allow a group to include everything from the parent device, with the ability to show/hide each individually. This would be useful for my Aeotec Z-Wave outlet strips, multi-sensors, door sensors (status & battery), locks, etc.

Thanks,
Frank

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Template/Style for items in Control Pages

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestions. One suggestion I have if you find you have a common control style you use multiple times is to create a new Control Page that has examples of all the common styles/appearances you want. You can then just copy/paste from that Control Page on to other Control Pages. The appearance (icon, font style, etc.) will remain the same and you'll just need to modify the target device (or variables) for the new controls.

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:56 pm
NicholFD offline

Re: Template/Style for items in Control Pages

Thanks for the reply.

My current usage and request for this is on existing Control Pages.

I have nine multi-sensors (Motion, Light, Temp & Humidity). For each of these, I want to see all of that information, PLUS battery level. That's five (5) objects on a control page, per sensor. I use a dot for motion (clear or yellow) & values for the other four pieces of information. I have them arranged in a specific manner around the motion dot, and different colors/fonts/size for some pieces.

If decide I found a better way to display it, I would have to change all of these individually for each sensor. If there was a group or template, I could just apply it to one "cluster" and be finished.

Thanks,
Frank

Page 1 of 1