howartp wrote:
At least it's not the sound of "oh sh...."

That would be an exceptionally bad sound to hear. :/

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:55 am
durosity offline

Re: U.K. Locks

He has fitted quite a few though so that improves my confidence!

Also apparently it's more complex than it looks. Apparently the multipoint lock may not be installed at the right point, the boreholes might not alight correctly, the multipoint levers have to fix at a particular angle.. all sorts of things!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:04 am
durosity offline

I'm hearing lots of humming and hawing and humphing.. doesn't sound good :/

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:58 am
durosity offline

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:53 pm
mat offline

Looks exceptionally smart!

What buttons do you press for your pin number? :twisted: is it 123456?

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:06 pm
durosity offline

Hehe that is the default actually! Though I have added some new ones for other people.

It's pretty cool in the way it disables the handle on the outside when not enabled. Just got it integrated with Vera and it seems to work well setting up pins and other settings, although it's a bit far away so keeps losing connection so might have to move it closer to the door. Or wait for indigo 7....... ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:38 pm
mat offline

So how does it work (silly question but I mean with the lift handle). I have standard key multipoint locks so suspect the following....

Locked and secure - outside handle is disconnected.

Remote unlock - handle engaged and you can open the door.

Do you need to physically lift the handle (as you would with a normal multipoint lock) to re-lock with the multipoint engaged? This is what I would expect.

If you remote lock without the handle being lifted, does it just disengage the outside handle and to door is effectively locked on the single latch?

Just curious, it doesn't change my view that this is the lock to have.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 pm
durosity offline

Yeah exactly that. If you lift it then it engages the multipoint and automatically disengages the outdoor handle

If you just close the door then after a few seconds (changeable) the handle will disengage so that's effectively a "night latch"

Remote unlock engages the handle regardless of multipoint being active or not

It doesn't appear to report the difference between multipoint latched or not (which I expected) so I'm just going to install a sensor to detect if it's multipoint latched or not.

Over all so far pretty impressed

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:07 pm
mat offline

sounds great - interested to see the sensor you "create" - photos of the sensor please :)

very excited for you!

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:57 pm
durosity offline

Ah it's just a wire into my alarm panel on a 247 non alarm setting.. I figure a plunger style sensor positioned correctly would depress when the multipoint latch is extended would be the best way of doing it. Not that it's nessesary.. it'd just be nice to have that extra info in indigo.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:56 am
johnpolasek offline

durosity wrote:
I figure a plunger style sensor positioned correctly would depress when the multipoint latch is extended would be the best way of doing it. Not that it's nessesary.. it'd just be nice to have that extra info in indigo.

That's what I broke down and did for my Kevo Deadbolts; I got a pack of the Smarthome Hidden door sensors (not sure if they have a European version of those, but these work well here in the States) when they ran a sale and drilled into the back end of the bolt hole in the doorjamb just deep enough so that the bolt engages the plunger when extended. I did have to cut the collar off the sensors and remove the strike plate temporarily in order to put them in and I know it's going to be a pain to fish them out if (when) the batteries die. But for the moment, Indigo's got a solid indication of whether the bolt is secure, irrespective of what Kevo (or the Vera for the Z-wave deadbolt) thinks and a pushover alert on bolt retract when none of the registered beacons are home. And a good visual indication on my control page of door locked whenever I pull it up, although I still have to use the separate Kevo App to actually lock/unlock them remotely.

Door+Open.png
Door+Open.png (580 Bytes) Viewed 5395 times
Door+Closed.png
Door+Closed.png (585 Bytes) Viewed 5395 times
Door+Locked .png
Door+Locked .png (564 Bytes) Viewed 5395 times

The only other issue is having to have a separate set of icons for each door orientation in my house... fortunately once I had one it was pretty easy to flip and rotate to get the rest.

Posted on
Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:08 am
durosity offline

Yeah it seems like the most sensible way to do it. I mean it's not strictly nessesary.. but as i've already run the wire (assuming i can fish it out the wall) it's not gonna be hard to get working, plus i could setup some triggers to remind me i've not multipoint locked it as i was supposed to!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:02 am
steveoidm offline

Hows it going with the lock, getting mine installed in a couple of weeks. Are you using a z wave key fob, or just the pin code panel?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:49 am
durosity offline

U.K. Locks

Its going well actually. I'm just entering pins and not had any issues with it. I changed the auto lock time to 60 seconds as I found the default was disengaging the handle before I had a chance to close the door if there was more than 1 person going through. Then I'd have to enter the pin to lock it which was annoying!

The only thing I've found a little awkward is the latch on the inside, you have to press a button to use the internal handle but you have to use it at a particular angle and it's difficult if you're carrying something in both hands!

Computer says no.

Page 7 of 9 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9