[ANSWERED]: Change of LaunchAgent possible?

Posted on
Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:12 am
MacDefender offline

[ANSWERED]: Change of LaunchAgent possible?

Is it possible to remove use of the open command in the LaunchAgent com.perceptiveautomation.IndigoServer2.plist per default?

I have removed the 'open' command from my computer and after every update of Indigo I have to edit the LaunchAgent again as Indigo is the only application that make use of the LaunchAgent there for some reasons I don't understand.

I just change the ProgramArguments to
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoServer.app/Contents/MacOS/IndigoServer

Than I can even set the KeepAlive to True. There even is a note that True can't be used as this would just restart the open command instead of Indigo. Is there any speacial reason why the IndigoServer isn't called directly? I'm using it this way for month now without any noticeable problems. Would be great if this could be the next default.

Posted on
Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Change of LaunchAgent possible?

The LaunchAgent plist Indigo used to use looked like that (didn't use open command and keepalive set to true), but as of Mac OS 10.8 that caused the dreaded AppleScript "app not running" error to occur after every reboot.

If you aren't having that problem with your modified LaunchAgent plist, then you can use it by unchecking the "Auto start Indigo Server on user login" checkbox (in Start Local Server dialog) AND renaming your custom plist to something unique so that Indigo doesn't try to remove or install over it.

Page 1 of 1