Feature/Bug Fix Bounty Program?

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 am
ArthurD123 offline

Feature/Bug Fix Bounty Program?

Just curious if this is something you guys would consider doing, or even consider doing as a one-off. Basically, there are a couple of features that I'd really like to see implemented, and I'm sure your feature request list is huge as-is, not to mention any larger internal projects you guys likely have going on as well.

That said, for at least a few of the feature requests that I've made, what if I was willing to "put my money where my feature-requesting-mouth is"? Or if multiple people were interested in a similar feature and were willing to pay some money for it -- is it something you guys might consider, either as a public "bounty" program, or possibly just as one-offs for the few that I've got in mind?

LMK, am happy to shoot you guys a PM with specifics & see if there's something that might make sense... 8)

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature/Bug Fix Bounty Program?

In all honesty, no. Being a tiny company, we have to stay focused on not only the feature list, but also on our strategic objectives, because that's what's going to keep the company going. Implementing some kind of process like this would take overhead effort (to evaluate the 'offer', switching gears, etc) which would stretch other efforts out even further. Tiny companies often fail because they diverge from their strategic direction.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1