Geofencing & Location Triggers

Posted on
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 am
Chameleon offline

Geofencing & Location Triggers

Hey all

I'm working on a smartphone/tablet location & integration plugin for indigo and I could use some help - mainly on what are good features and alpha testers. I've put my initial thoughts in the following forum:

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=14478

If you fancy helping out then please pop on over and leave your comments. I'm hoping to release an Alpha to a select group of volunteers next week.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 am
midd offline

Re: Geofencing & Location Triggers

Just curious if you found a workaround when dealing with multiple Apple mobile devices with or without different iCloud accounts?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12633

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10837&start=15

There is a fix in those threads for one device but it hasn't worked for more than one.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 am
Chameleon offline

midd wrote:
Just curious if you found a workaround when dealing with multiple Apple mobile devices with or without different iCloud accounts?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12633

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10837&start=15

There is a fix in those threads for one device but it hasn't worked for more than one.

I think so :D

I'm certainly able to track and monitor iPhones in a single account or as a group if they are part of a family linked to a single account. I'm working on a solution that provides a hybrid of these two approaches to manage all use cases where there is a mix between individual and grouped devices. I've not had any issues accessing the API in this way - in fact it's pretty reliable. As a result, I've been running a plugin for this for the last couple of weeks to control my NEST Home solution.

I've also used a workaround with life360.com as a method of tracking other non-iOS phones that works fairly well.

My aim is to create an integrated plugin that allows the definition of GeoDevices and monitor the location of phones as they enter or leave different places.

Still - time will tell if it works in the wider world!

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 am
kw123 offline

could you be so kind and post the solution on how to deal with the new apple security settings?

I was using FMID in my fingscan plugin, but FMID stopped working and the author spend some time to fix it, but kind of gave up some months ago and there was nothing new posted anywhere else we could find.

thanks

Karl

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:32 am
Chameleon offline

Karl

I sent you a PM about the code. Happy to share as you know :D

M

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:29 pm
midd offline

I'd be happy to test your plugin. I'm using Geohopper right now. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Page 1 of 1