[ANSWERED]: Z-Wave Associations

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 am
alvaroiza offline

[ANSWERED]: Z-Wave Associations

First of all, congrats for a great Indigo Touch 2.0. It really sends a strong message of healthy platform for the years to come.

Now Z-wave associations. This is a must for z-wave Indigo users. Enabling associations between modules eliminates the unnecessary lags for executing some of our scenes. It would be great if you can put this up on your list as well.

Many thanks!

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:46 am
iblis offline

Re: Z-Wave Associations

This is already possible. Go to the z-wave menu and choose Manage Associations.

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:48 am
alvaroiza offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Z-Wave Associations

Oh! Great to know. Many thanks for the heads up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted on
Wed May 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Turribeach offline

Is not immediately obvious that associations can be managed from the Manage Associations. menu option. Why not adding a Manage Associations.button on the edit device screen?

Posted on
Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Turribeach wrote:
Is not immediately obvious that associations can be managed from the Manage Associations. menu option. Why not adding a Manage Associations.button on the edit device screen?

I've added it to the request list. It is, however, much more difficult than you might imagine so it's not something that will happen quickly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 21, 2015 9:44 am
Turribeach offline

jay (support) wrote:
I've added it to the request list. It is, however, much more difficult than you might imagine so it's not something that will happen quickly.

Really? Even if it is just a dumb button that all it does is calling the same menu option as the Manage Associations menu option under Interfaces => Z-Wave?

Posted on
Thu May 21, 2015 11:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, something that sounds that easy is actually quite challenging given our current implementation.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 21, 2015 11:06 am
Turribeach offline

Oh dear. Well it's not an issue any more to me since I know where it is. I just think that Indigo is a great piece of software and it's extremely flexible. What I think it's lacking is to make it more accessible to the "regular" user and expand it's user base. At the moment I think it's a bit of geek-only tool. I don't mind geeking and tinkering as I am in IT and I love this stuff. Only problem is that now with a small daughter I don't get as much time as I used to. but I would love to see Indigo grow and become a big thing. :D

But I do understand, you are just two guys so there is so much you can do. Keep it coming though, we are hungry for more! :lol:

Page 1 of 1