Honeywell Comfort Control API

Posted on
Tue May 27, 2014 8:06 am
Mycrom offline

Honeywell Comfort Control API

Now that Honeywell has finally provided an API for the Comfort Control portal specifically for working with home automation companies and consumers (You can register to get a key here: http://www.ecc.honeywell.com/api, it's in beta but available, just have to wait a few days for the key) it would be great to see a plugin to interface with Indigo. This would then open it up to anyone that has a Redlink enabled thermostat or Honeywell wifi thermostat to instantly integrate with our home automation systems. Considering this is the only way to nicely control the majority of mini-splits (Including as the common Mitsubishi Mr Slim) that traditionally couldn't be managed short of a touchy IR blaster setup such a plugin should open up access to a lot of people.

http://honeywell.com/News/Pages/Honeywe ... opers.aspx

Posted on
Tue May 27, 2014 11:17 am
jalves offline

Re: Honeywell Comfort Control API

Excited for this. Considering changing my existing thermostat for a new honeywell wifi enabled version.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue May 27, 2014 12:15 pm
freshwuzhere offline

Coolmaster - by coolautomation.com. Controls at least 9 different types of VRF split systems with a common serial control protocol. I have a plugin (beta) for this. Bad news - it cost over $1000 (the controller that is - my plugin is free of course!).

Happy to share with anyone crazy enough to buy one (like me) but I figure it is a very limited audience.

Incidentally - this unit is how Control 4 interface with Mitsubishi Electric (including Mr Slim with M-NET interface board), Daikin, Sanyo, Toshiba, LG, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Mitsubishi Heavy & Gree etc.

Posted on
Tue May 27, 2014 7:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mycrom wrote:
Now that Honeywell has finally provided an API for the Comfort Control portal specifically for working with home automation companies and consumers (You can register to get a key here: http://www.ecc.honeywell.com/api, it's in beta but available, just have to wait a few days for the key) it would be great to see a plugin to interface with Indigo. This would then open it up to anyone that has a Redlink enabled thermostat or Honeywell wifi thermostat to instantly integrate with our home automation systems.

We'd love to see one of our 3rd party developers tackle this one. We're not going to have time for it any time soon given current priorities.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:05 pm
ethanw offline

I would love to see some Indigo integration with this :( I recently switch my house from Proliphix to Honeywell. The RedLink gateway is an awesome device and I would love to see integration directly with it as well.

Posted on
Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:41 pm
jalves offline

I just installed one of these wifi controlled thermostats. It works fine with the web interface. But, l'd really like it if somebody (I have no skills in that area) could create an Indigo plug-in that would talk to it directly.

Either that or at least a way to send commands to the Comfort Control site and have that update the thermostat. That's not quite as good as direct Indigo>Thermostat communications since it relies on an internet connection but I'll take it if that's all that works.

Jeff

Posted on
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:18 pm
nlagaros offline

I just installed one of these as well. It's not too shabby -- a bit cheap in the plastic, but it seems to work. I am going to take a stab at a plugin. It is going to have to communicate through to the website - so Internet dependent unfortunately.

jalves wrote:
I just installed one of these wifi controlled thermostats. It works fine with the web interface. But, l'd really like it if somebody (I have no skills in that area) could create an Indigo plug-in that would talk to it directly.

Either that or at least a way to send commands to the Comfort Control site and have that update the thermostat. That's not quite as good as direct Indigo>Thermostat communications since it relies on an internet connection but I'll take it if that's all that works.

Posted on
Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:21 pm
jalves offline

I'd be delighted to help you test this. I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks but will be back around the end of the month. Thanks for your efforts!!!!

Jeff

Posted on
Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 pm
nlagaros offline

I appreciate the help. Not sure how challenging it will be yet. It will be some time before I get started. I just applied for the API so can't really do anything till I have official access.

jalves wrote:
I'd be delighted to help you test this. I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks but will be back around the end of the month. Thanks for your efforts!!!!

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:32 am
mpoulson offline

I'm finishing a Mr. Slim plugin soon if you are interested in testing.

Posted on
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:05 pm
mpoulson offline

I just posted the first version of a plugin that works with the Red Link wireless interface.

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=17532

Page 1 of 1