Control Page Layers?

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 am
Devildog0331 offline

Control Page Layers?

Is it possible to create a layer in a control page? Such as tab controls to avoid switching to different pages...
If not, what about a trigger script that opens another control page once a button is pressed?

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control Page Layers?

No layers on control pages. There is a client action for page elements to go to Link to Control Page.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:36 pm
Devildog0331 offline

I don't know how I missed the friggin instruction manual... sheesh :shock: . Thanks for the link to it!

I'd like to use control pages (via Indigo touch) for every day, normal control of things. I'd likely not use the Mac client or web interface for anything outside of troubleshooting or adding to the system.

Navigating from one control to page to another (without manually switching to them) appears to be possible unless I'm reading this wrong (item 2):
Client Actions

For every page element, you can have one of three client actions performed whenever the page element is clicked/touched:
Popup UI Controls - this will cause the client to pop up a dialog with the controls appropriate for the device or variable selected (it doesn't do anything for other page element types)

Link to Control Page - this will cause the client to display the selected control page so it's useful to navigate between control pages. The Open in new window checkbox really only effects viewing pages in a browser, not Indigo Touch

Link to URL - this will cause the client to open the provided URL in a browser window (a new browser window if the Open in new window checkbox is checked).In Indigo Touch, it will cause Mobile Safari to open and show the page specified by the URL.

With regard to tab controls... provided that all the pages have the same structure (tabs) you could use step 2 above as a means to simulate the effect could you not?

Hate to be a pest - I don't know the lingo and only know enough of the other to get in trouble.

--Richard

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:23 pm
RogueProeliator offline

With regard to tab controls... provided that all the pages have the same structure (tabs) you could use step 2 above as a means to simulate the effect could you not?

Many of the sample control pages that people post do indeed do exactly this... have a look at these http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1506&start=390 to see what they look like. There are a ton of samples in that thread should you wish to look through it for ideas!

In the first post in that link, each of those items on the left side are just links to other control pages, but they are placed in the same spot on each page and the current page graphic is replaced to indicate the page you are on...

Adam

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Devildog0331 offline

!!BAM!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Very nicely done, Adam. Now I've got something to work with...

The control pages will make things MUCH easier on my wife and kids. I'd be the only one to use all the features (once installed) but making it easy on them makes it easy on me...

I don't know how I keep missing these posts BTW. I swear I'm looking and not just blindly posting random questions.

Posted on
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:29 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Now that's what I'm talking about! Very nicely done, Adam. Now I've got something to work with...

Thanks! The sample pages in that thread were instrumental in getting ideas; several of the first sets no longer have the images available, but if you were backward there are still a ton of them to look through.

The control pages will make things MUCH easier on my wife and kids. I'd be the only one to use all the features (once installed) but making it easy on them makes it easy on me...

That sounds familiar!

Also, a little hint - if you have lots of "static" elements that you want on each page... what I did was create a background with bounding boxes so that I knew exactly where to place the elements on each control page. Then once I was done I replaced the background image with one that did not include the bounding boxes.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 am
Chompy offline

Since control page layers aren't an option, a setting to turn off the sliding in/out of control pages would make switching control pages feel more seamless.

Page 1 of 1