Custom columns in UI

Posted on
Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:48 am
brentb offline

Custom columns in UI

As long as we're talking about the UI, could we get a few more columns in the main view, which could be user definable. I started out putting my devices into folders for individual rooms, then decided to use folders to define device functions instead, ie motion, lighting, temperature,etc. I'd like to be able to have extra columns where I could put the info back in, to sort by, since devices can't exist in more than one folder. Ideally, I'd have a column for location, in service date, battery date, price, etc. I know I can put it into the notes, but that would make sorting difficult. So user definable columns, would be a big plus for organization.

A couple of the current columns can't be resized big enough to display all the info by the way.

Thanks

Brent

Posted on
Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Custom columns in UI

Thanks for the feedback, we'll add them to the list.

Which columns aren't wide enough?

[MODERATOR NOTE] Moved to a new topic to keep the old thread from becoming a dumping ground...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:50 am
brentb offline

Thanks. I think it was protocol that was not quite wide enough to display all the text, but I think it was mainly with plugins that the text was over running the field

Posted on
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:13 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah, yep, that one is a bit narrow. I'll look into it.

[EDIT] 6.0.11 (released in the next day or two) will allow that column to be wider.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1