Schedules - year repeat

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:11 pm
Clearmountain offline

Schedules - year repeat

For programming sprinkler schedules, it would be great to be able to program a series of start & stop dates for an entire year and have them repeat every year. Maybe just a "repeat" check box at the bottom of the Schedule page that removes the "year" field?

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Schedules - year repeat

Can you more fully explain what kind of repetition you're looking for? Provide examples with details.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:12 pm
Clearmountain offline

Summer watering might be 7 minutes for each zone from June 2nd through November 1st, then winter watering might be 3 minutes for each zone, from Nov. 2nd through June 1st. (I live in Southern California so it doesn't rain much in the winter and not at all in the summer) Chances are not all zones would be the same duration for a given period, but I'm sure you get the idea. I've done the programming but I'm assuming I'll have to remember to update the schedules to apply to the next year at the end of each period... unless this happens automatically?

Better yet would be an easy way to get weather information for a web source and let it adjust automatically. Is there a fairly simple way of doing that? At least a way to inhibit watering when rain is predicted would really be helpful.

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

To accomplish that, just set up a schedule for each scenario that repeats with whatever repetition you need (outside of the month constraints - days of the week or whatever). Then, add a condition on each one that constrains it to the right period. For instance, the first one would be:

"If current date" "is between" 6/2 "and" 11/1

There are a variety of weather-related plugins that add weather data. You can use that data in the conditions as well to further constrain when the schedule's actions run.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Clearmountain offline

Thank you very much, Jay!

Page 1 of 1