[ANSWERED]Refreshing EvoCam images on Control Pages?

Posted on
Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:24 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Refreshing EvoCam images on Control Pages?

dgarozzo wrote:
Within Indigo, I can specify a refreshing URL with the format of http://[user]:[pass]@[site]:[port]/[camera number]/image.jpg, and in the Control Page, it will display the image, but when I go to view that either in a browser or in Indigo Touch, the image does not appear. It appears to be giving me a 401 unauthorized error.

That should work. I wonder if the problem is related to encoding (or decoding) of the username or password in the URL. Can you try making the username and password simpler (no spaces and all alpha-numeric characters) to see if that helps?

Posted on
Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 pm
dgarozzo offline

user and pass are already simple. It really looks like the user and pass are removed from the link when using Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:38 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

dgarozzo wrote:
user and pass are already simple. It really looks like the user and pass are removed from the link when using Indigo Touch.

They are removed from the URL, but then they are used to perform the HTTP authentication by Indigo's Web Server when it makes the HTTP request. That technique appears not to be working with EvoCam for some reason, but it does work with SecuritySpy's HTTP authentication. I would expect it to work with both, so I'm not sure what is causing the incompatibility.

I can add investigating this to our feature request list, but to be honest it will be a while (we are in end-game crunch mode now for v6).

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:58 pm
dgarozzo offline

I'll do more research on this. I see what you mean - it's not the client that would be making the request to EvoCam - it's Indigo. And Indigo is taking the image response and replicating it to the Indigo Touch client or web page. So you're right - that should work fine.

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:00 pm
dgarozzo offline

So, some things I noticed.

First, within Indigo, the initial image does appear.

Second, if I take the URL that I have in Indigo and put it in Safari, I am first warned by Safari that this may be a phishing web site. The same kind of warning happens in FireFox.

The same URL works on the local server (127.0.0.1) as well as from a remote server (192.168.x.x).

If I remove the security settings on the URL, the image loads correctly.

Posted on
Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:32 pm
berkinet offline

dgarozzo wrote:
Within Indigo, I can specify a refreshing URL with the format of http://[user]:[pass]@[site]:[port]/[camera number]/image.jpg, and in the Control Page, it will display the image, but when I go to view that either in a browser or in Indigo Touch, the image does not appear. It appears to be giving me a 401 unauthorized error.

FWIW, I am experiencing the same problem. The only difference is I am connecting to a real camera. But, the uRL format is the same as you are using.