7.1 public web server folder

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 am
Different Computers offline

7.1 public web server folder

"Added support for a new Web server public (no authentication used) folder path."

What are you all using this for? And in particular, whoever requested this feature, what did you want it for?

(I realize this isn't really about control pages. Maybe it needs its own thread?)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: 7.1 public web server folder

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think (hope) this answers requests that some have made to have the ability to let some people open up a very limited subset of control pages with little or no control abilities without requiring authentication. This would allow guests to turn lights and ceiling fans on and off only in the guest bedroom, for example without having to change the password every time you let someone stay over.... It's sort of a Q&D subset of the requests for multiple authentications with different privledges.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There was a post a while back - unfortunately, I can't seem to locate it now. One thing I can think of however: if you're using some kind of service that wants to get data from Indigo but doesn't have the ability to do digest authentication, then you could have a script or plugin that dumps some kind of formatted file (json, csv, etc) into the public directory then that service could pick it up with a simple HTTP GET call without any authentication.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

johnpolasek wrote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think (hope) this answers requests that some have made to have the ability to let some people open up a very limited subset of control pages with little or no control abilities without requiring authentication. This would allow guests to turn lights and ceiling fans on and off only in the guest bedroom, for example without having to change the password every time you let someone stay over.... It's sort of a Q&D subset of the requests for multiple authentications with different privledges.

Nope - this is just a folder that serves up any files in it as static content (images, data files, etc). It has nothing to do with control pages and how they operate.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 am
Different Computers offline

Thanks!

And on another only vaguely related issue: I'm home with a cold today so puttering with "little" stuff between naps, which is why I did the 7.1 upgrade. Absolutely smooth transition--I didn't even need to stop the old server first. Top notch work, Matt & Jay!

I also see immediate improvement in image swapping using the Dynamic Pages plugin, and generally snappier response of control page images. Thanks!!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am
durosity offline

“Home with a cold today”

Give it its official name.. Man Flu!

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1