Control page request as a trigger?

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 pm
Different Computers offline

Control page request as a trigger?

Indigo logs show that Indigo notices and reports when a control page is loaded.

Is there any way to use this as a Trigger in Indigo? My use case is a camera that I only want to refresh when someone is bothering to look at the page its image is on. Might also be useful as a security feature where it triggers an alarm if no authorized users are present.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:08 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control page request as a trigger?

Not built-in, though it's on the request list. One of the plugins that monitors the event log might be able to do it (I forget what those are).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:27 pm
Different Computers offline

Thanks!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu May 25, 2017 11:27 pm
hamw offline

While this a workaround, I have a pool page that uses the Autelis plugin. I want to know right away that the plugin is up when I view the page so that I know the info is fresh. To do so I have the control page icon execute an action when the icon is pressed to turn on an unused aux relay on my pool equipment. The status is reflected in a device state icon, visually telling me the plugin is up, and the action then toggles off to reset after 5 min. In the same way the CP icon press, toggling a variable, could execute a trigger with conditions and actions as you specify.

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 6:54 am
johnpolasek offline

hamw wrote:
While this a workaround, I have a pool page that uses the Autelis plugin. I want to know right away that the plugin is up when I view the page so that I know the info is fresh. To do so I have the control page icon execute an action when the icon is pressed to turn on an unused aux relay on my pool equipment. The status is reflected in a device state icon, visually telling me the plugin is up, and the action then toggles off to reset after 5 min. In the same way the CP icon press, toggling a variable, could execute a trigger with conditions and actions as you specify.

Why not create a "LastChanged" variable with triggers that post the current time to the variable any on any change to the critical devices and display that in the control page. That's how I make sure that the RFX thermometers in the freezer and refrigerator are still working... with an additional action in the triggers to send an alert after an hour, overriding previous delay to let me know when the batteries die.

Page 1 of 1