Copying but bulk editing control page

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:37 pm
Ramias offline

Copying but bulk editing control page

So I have a control page to control my upstairs Tivo. I want a page exactly the same to control the downstairs.

I dragged the relevant icons to my desktop (creating a clipping file) then did a find/replace on the various device IDs for the Tivo and Receivers (exact same devices; just different device IDs).

Dragged the clipping to a new control page -- and everything still points to the upstairs Tivo or upstairs receiver.

Any ideas what is going on? There are a ton of elements (tivo remote, a dozen or so saved channel shortcuts; each with four or five actions -- i.e. a LOT to manually change).

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Copying but bulk editing control page

I'm not sure why that would be. I would have expected them to update if you got the IDs all swapped out correctly.

You might want to try duplicating (via the main window) the entire Control Page. You can then shutdown the Indigo Server, make a backup of the database file (for safety), then try the edit on the database file itself.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:12 pm
Ramias offline

Re: Copying but bulk editing control page

Ok I got this to work.

I had been using various regular text editors (Text Wrangler etc) but then found one called Clip Edit that works for this.

I dragged the entire control page to my desktop, deleted the control page I dragged it from in Indigo, made my finds/replaces with Clip Edit and then dragged it back in.

Thanks for weighing in.

Page 1 of 1