EvoCam image on control page--problem with authentication

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:10 pm
Different Computers offline

EvoCam image on control page--problem with authentication

This is really a question for the EvoCam support team, but since those guys have skipped out on us, I wonder if anyone here using the program have figured a way to get static images from EvoCam into a control page while still having authentication turned on in EvoCam.

I'm trying to put a refreshing image of http://myevocam.local.:8080/1/image.jpg on a page, and while it displays fine in the control page editor, going to the control page gets a blank and an access denied for the URL in the Indigo logs.

There's no mention in the EvoCam manual about how to pass usernames or passwords in URLs.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 am
Richard offline

Re: EvoCam image on control page--problem with authenticatio

I know this is a late reply but I will put it out anyway, why don't you assign the refreshing image to point to a file location ~ e.g. file:///Users/xxxx/xxxxx/ instead of http://xxxxxx/xxxx in your control page editor? Maybe you have a certain reason and I am trying to learn different approaches.

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 am

Yeah, this is what I've ended up doing.

I don't think EvoCam will be in my toolkit for much longer. Under Sierra, any time I try to add a motion sensing zone, or open a document with an existing zone, it crashes.

Gonna have to bite the bullet & move to SecuritySpy I guess.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:26 pm
bkmar1192 offline

Have you tried the recent version of the Security Camera plugin. It is much more stable and less CPU hungry than the early versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:56 pm

I'll give it another try. Had pretty terrible luck with it before.

Page 1 of 1