Forward slash in custom image?

Posted on
Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm
BeeEss offline

Forward slash in custom image?

Hello all!

On the Custom Images page, it notes that "other special characters may cause problems" in custom image filenames. I'm using the Cynical Denon plugin to pull the current video source from Zone 2 of my Denon receiver. When the source is "CBL/SAT," my custom image doesn't work - I'm assuming because of the forward slash in the value. Does anyone know of a workaround? My custom images for the 'SOURCE' source and 'DVD' inputs work properly, presumably because they don't have any special characters in them (filename+DVD.png, for example.) Here is what I'm doing:

When I tap the couch or Apple TV icons, it sets Zone 2 to that device and swaps the image accordingly (they "fill in" instead of outline - so in this screenshot, it is set to SOURCE.) My TiVo button switches the source properly, but doesn't swap the image (presumably due to the slash in the filename/value.)

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:17 pm
BeeEss offline

Re: Forward slash in custom image?

I found a workaround. I set up SAT/CBL as a Zone 2 "quick select" on the Denon, then I use that device status for the image. Not the most elegant solution, but effective.

Page 1 of 1