Power usage / temperature changes

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:53 pm
Frakke offline

Power usage / temperature changes

Hi All,

I have a couple of Fibaro sensors, wall plugs.
With fibaro, you could check easily the power usage or temperature changes.

But i'm afraid this isn't standard with Indigo.
I already found the INDIGOplotD option, but it seems rather complicated? Or is this the only way at this moment?

So: is there any other option than: INDIGOplotD?

Thanks!

Regards

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:49 pm
johnpolasek offline

Re: Power usage / temperature changes

What are you trying to display? For instantaneous values I just print out the states as text for temperatures pulled from the RFX and power pulled from a Sitesage system through GhostXML. And I also have a pair of triggers on the "critical" power states to set a variable to true or false when the AC, Washer, or Dryer go over or under 100 watts, which I print out as a Green Dot to tell me when they are running... For history, I don't think there is any way except for IndigoPlotD.

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:25 pm
howartp offline

I agree that PlotD is complicated, but then again it's very powerful.

I couldn't get my head around it when it first came out because I was running faster than I could walk.

Once I came back to it a couple of months ago, and slowly followed the docs and process through, I got my head around it and can now produce a few graphs.

Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:47 pm
kw123 offline

Just to make the first plot easy: Try menu/indigoplotd/first simple plot. Just one page and you have your first simple plot in 10 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:35 pm
arwatson2000 offline

I appreciate your posts and could really use your any help getting going with IndigoPlotD.

Can anyone confirm it works with 6.1.9?

My hope is to graph a temperature over time and frankly I am struggling with this. Any help would be welcomed.

thank you,

- andrew

Posted on
Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:36 pm
kw123 offline

get started with INDIGOplotD:

1. step install plugin
2. if OS X >=10.8==> use matplot (in configure ), otherwise you need to install GNUplot
3. switch on sqllogger plugin for historical info ( for beginners use SQLITE) and in INDIGOplotD config
4. create first plot: menu/plugins/INDIGOplotD/Simple plot/
-- enter name / new /confirm (eg my plot1)
-- select device and state to be plotted eg thremometer/ temperature
-- select line type/ width/color
-- add txt etc
-- click on create, wait 30 seconds
-- click on show the plot should appear on the server screen -- not if you are on a remote indigo client
==> you will have now a device with name "plot1" (you can edit it later) and graphic files: plot1-minute.png and plot1-hour.png and plot1-day.png in your plot directory (default is ~/documents/INDIGOplotD/) these plots have a binning of 5 minutes/ 1 hour/ 1 day and go over 2 days/ 5 days /30 days you can changes that in edict the plot1 device

for more complex things:
1. define the data source
2. create an INDIGOplotD device

details:
1. define the data source
-- in menu"INDIGOplotD/select data source"
-- select new / enter name / confirm
-- select state and measure (Average is probably the best for now, you could use min/ max count etc.. for eg max temp in a day ..)
-- confirm ==> then the plugin will collect the data from the sql logger and do any necessary calculations
== define as many sources as you like. in # 2 you will need these defined datasources to select them to create lines in a plot

2. create a INDIGOplotD device
- define size etc
- click on confirm
== now select the data sources you defined in step 1
- select line type, line key etc
confirm
(if you have expert mode enabled (top of the screen) you then can click on create and show)

you can add up to 100 lines to a plot using the left and right scale. they can be completely different lin/ log/ scale off set etc.

once you have mastered that you could add or subtract 2 datasources -- into one line eg 2 energy measurement and add them to a total.

hope that helps. if you need further help we could do an online one-on-one session.

Karl

if you have an older OS X you will need to install gnuplot. It is not difficult, but requires some steps. GNUPLOT is much better in resources usage by a factor of 10.
the functionality is 95% the same between matoplot and gnuplot in INDIGOplotD

Page 1 of 1