Popup UI Controls?

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:49 am
autolog offline

Popup UI Controls?

Having just picked up on this feature, I thought I would check the documentation which says:
Popup UI Controls - this will cause the client to pop up a dialog with the controls appropriate for the device or variable selected (it doesn't do anything for other page element types)

Is there a definitive list on what are appropriate devices / variables and the type of pop-up that will be produced :?:

I have got it to work on lighting dimmers. :D

Can it work on a volume control and if so how would I specify that and or define such a device type where it would work :?:

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:58 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Popup UI Controls?

I could also use a bit more info on this, because it's unintuitive.

I experimentally changed an element to popup, it popped up an unconfigured window, but I didn't see how to configure the window contents.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:59 pm
Londonmark offline

Yes - got it working for a dimmer but really would like to use it for songs volume control and I haven't got that working at all.

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:50 pm
jens offline

Nothing happens when I was trying this :(
Can you please put in how you have done please ...

//jens

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:52 pm
DaveL17 offline

Londonmark wrote:
Yes - got it working for a dimmer but really would like to use it for songs volume control and I haven't got that working at all.

Matt and Jay will surely correct me if I've got this wrong, but I believe there are only popup controls native to Indigo Touch for device types that are supported in Indigo: lights, climate, etc. Since there is no native support for audio or video devices (yet!) there is no volume control slider for Touch.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That is correct, there is only popup UI for basic relays, dimmers, thermostats and sprinklers. Extending this to support other types (including custom plugin UI) is definitely on the request list.

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:13 am

Is there some description somewhere (I do search, I promise) on how to implement this? I've messed around with trying to make a popup appear and only managed it once by accident somewhere where I didn't want it.

Also, how do you configure what appears in the popup? It doesn't pop in the editor as far as I recall.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:33 am
DaveL17 offline

Here is one example:

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 8.29.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 8.29.37 AM.png (61.69 KiB) Viewed 3702 times

It doesn't popup in the editor and is controlled by Indigo. If you are working with a light, it will popup the dimmer control. If you are working with HVAC, it will popup the thermostat control.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am
RogueProeliator offline

but I believe there are only popup controls native to Indigo Touch for device types that are supported in Indigo: lights, climate, etc.

For the record, anyone on Domotics Pad can use a few additional devices; popups are supported for:

• On/Off Relays (lights)
  • Dimmers
  • Fan Lincs
  • Sprinklers
  • Thermostats
  • Timers
  • iTunes
  • Roku
  • TiVo

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:07 pm

I can't figure out how to get an iTunes popup to show me more than:

iTunes
Playing

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2016 7:27 am

Returning to this topic for another question (though the above question is still relevant--I would love a popup list populated with playlists!).

Is there a way to get a selection list of variables to show in a variable popup, instead of an entry blank and the current variable?

Actually, I guess both of these are sort of the same question.

Posted on
Mon May 02, 2016 9:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The Popup UI Controls in Control Pages are for built-in Indigo device types and variables (text only). There is no way to create custom popup controls with custom lists.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue May 03, 2016 6:49 am
mat offline

Is a work around to create an dummy x10 lamp unit (you don't need an x10 controller to create a unit) and relate the brightness of the dummy lamp to your volume control via an 'on change - brightness' trigger event? I'm guessing the UI will bring up a slider?!?

Again, I'm guessing the label in the popup says "brightness" and potentially has a picture of a bulb (don't have indigo in front of me) which might be off putting for some, as its not perfect. - perhaps its just a case for Matt or Jay to create a dummy x10 module (with a pop up title of "volume" for a rough work) around until version 7 arrives??? :evil:

(okay, just read the linked thread and released this is where it started!) Doh :shock:

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Page 1 of 1