Show Last Updated property in a control page?

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:26 am
ac4lt offline

Show Last Updated property in a control page?

Is there a way to show the last updated property for a device in a control page? It doesn't show up as an option for the device when I choose device state and that seems like the place where it would be if it existed. Anyone have any insight?

In my particular case I can stash the info into a variable when the event triggers but it seems a shame to have to do that when the device has the info I need.

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:30 am
kw123 offline

Re: Show Last Updated property in a control page?

you would need to ask the sql database for that info -- see indigo utilitieshttp://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=164 for that .
The device only stores the states (and some other info in device properties deeper in the dict) and time stamp of last update .. not which property/state was updated.

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:36 am
ac4lt offline

I don't care what property updated only the time. In this case there is only one property so there isn't any ambiguity. I just wanted to be able to display when it happened in the control page.

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

So, you're referring to the Last Update property of every device, vs the name of the last property that was updated.

We don't expose that property in the control page editor at the moment, so you'll need to use your trigger into a variable approach.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the Control Pages forum

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:00 am
ac4lt offline

Yes, Jay, that's exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for expressing it so succinctly.

I've got the variable approach working but I'd like to put in a vote for that in a future update!

Page 1 of 1