Need control page help...

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:08 am
jgli offline

Need control page help...

I'm going to be buying a new home, I have élan G and HAI in my current home. It's a bit of a kludge as the systems were installed as an afterthought over 10 years and élan G has forced me to change screen/servers a few times. We started with UPB, but have x-10 and now Lutron Radio RA switches (which seem to work the best).

Anyhow, my wife said she wants a professional look/with everything that just works. I want to have the control of doing everything myself, but I need to make sure I have great looking screens.

So I bought Indigo today and love the control; but I'm lost on how to create pages. I've ready the Wiki a few times.

I figured I'd start with a camera page - I installed the Security Spy plug-in and it seems to setup correctly, but I can't figure out how display a camera.

Here is a page from my current system to control the garage - the links go directly to the cameras (but I'd prefer to go through security spy). How would I create this in Indigo.
Attachments
Garage Page-jpeg.jpg
Garage Page-jpeg.jpg (133.79 KiB) Viewed 3965 times

Posted on
Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:52 pm
jgli offline

Re: Need control page help...

Anyone have ideas on helping me out with this?

Posted on
Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:21 pm
DaveL17 offline

jgli wrote:
Anyone have ideas on helping me out with this?

Sorry - I saw your post, but I don't use Security Spy--or cameras for that matter--so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. But I will try.

I assume that you've created devices that represent your cameras. It looks like you need to construct a URL which includes an ID number for the camera (see this thread: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14531) that looks something like this:
Code: Select all
http://username:password@192.168.xxx.xxx:8000/++image?cameraNum=1

The username:password and IP address is presumably that of the Security Spy server.

Then, on your control page, you want to create a new page element that is a "Refreshing Image URL". As you might guess, you would paste your URL into the appropriate field associated with the control page element you just created.

Hopefully, that is all correct and will get you started! :D
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:51 am
eme jota ce offline

I use Security spy with Indigo to include live video images into some control pages.

Here is a screenshot of the Indigo Control Page Editor. Check the SecuritySpy plugin section of the forum for how to enter your username, password, and SecuritySpy IP address and camera number reference.

Screen Shot.png
Screen Shot.png (170.89 KiB) Viewed 3851 times

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:54 am
jgli offline

Can you send a larger image of that screen shot? How about a shot of the page in the control page editor.

From what I can see you don't actually put the name and password in the street, right? I see the camera in my devices with a green dot. Where do I get that url?

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:20 am
eme jota ce offline

The screenshot above is from the Control page editor. Here's a larger image, of the control page editor for each of the SecuritySpy camera images:

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.14.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.14.12 AM.png (97.45 KiB) Viewed 3836 times

The URL in the shot says, "http://{user}:{password}@{SecuritySpyIP}:8000/++image?cameraNum=11"
Replace "{user}" "{password}" and "{SecuritySpyIP}" with your user name name, password, and local SS IP. Omit the brackets {}.
Camera numbers in SecuritySpy start with 0, then 1, 2, ...

There are some good threads in the SecuritySpy forums on how to setup cameras in Indigo, which have more detail, if you need.

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:36 am
jgli offline

Thanks, I've tried to figure it out from the forums. I'm sure I must have a comma/colon wrong.

Posted on
Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:46 pm
jgli offline

Got it to work, thank!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Page 1 of 1