[ANSWERED]: Camera error

Posted on
Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:36 am
topsm offline

[ANSWERED]: Camera error

Hello ALL,

I'm testing Indigo now for a few weeks and have a strange problem related to my AVTECH AVN80X camera on control pages.
When I am busy editing the control page and add the url for the camera than I see the picture from the camera.
User name and password are entered correctly otherwise I would not see the picture while editing. (see attachment)
However when I run the control page (on iphone or local web browser) I get an log error:
WebServer http://192.168.0.141:88//cgi-bin/guest/ ... media=JPEG load error: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized

I do not understand why it's ok while editing and getting an error while using it.

Has anyone any idea what the problem might be.

Thanks in Advance,

Marcel
Attachments
Indigo control page edit.png
Indigo control page edit.png (376.81 KiB) Viewed 1808 times

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Camera error

Hi Marcel,

I'm not sure why this isn't working exactly. There is an unneeded slash character in there, so try removing 1 (but not both) of the slashes before "cgi-bin" in the URL. I'm not sure if that will help though. Are there any spaces or non-ASCII characters in either the username or password? If so, try removing those. Also try turning authentication totally off on the camera just for temporary troubleshooting. Does it then work?

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am
topsm offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Camera error

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

I removed the extra / but this did not make any difference. My username ad password are full ASCII characters and I even created a few different accounts on the camera but none of them work.
In the camera one cannot remove all accounts as it still needs one admin account to be able to log in the camera for config purposes. I did however find a option for anonymous login. I enabled it but unfortunately this also did not work. I guess it's a problem in the camera itself. Thinking about that I thought to update the firmware but even this is not functioning. I will try later to get firmware up to date and let you know if I could get it done it would solve the problem with the url command on the control page. Going to look for firmware update solutions on the internet now.

Greetings,

Marcel

Page 1 of 1