Stand alone web app html code

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 pm
McJohn offline

Re: Stand alone web app html code

Thanks for the help Matt.

Is a name of a control page via Indigo Touch 2 different than a name via an URL via Safari?

Via the Mac Indigo says this is the name of the control page ("Show in Browser"):
http://xxxxxxxxxx:xxxx/controlpage?name ... 0page%20II
(x=external IP address with port)
Thats works in Safari. also at the iPad for years in iOs 7.1.2. with NO white status bar.

Now I have updated the iPad to iOs 8 (for Indigo Touch 2.0) and I got the irritating white status bar :x

It isn't possible via Safari to hide the status bar?

When I want to open this control page with Safari: indigo://controlpage?name=control%20page%20II
It goes automatically to Indigo Touch and I got again a totally black screen...

When I open this control page with Indigo Touch 2 via the Control Pages list, it opens this control page but then I got a black bar above the control page with left "Control Pages, in the middle the name of the control page (control page II) and right the settings symbol and upper the status bar again, in black :evil:
(and the heuristic images are moved to a total other postion; they are now at a quarter left / top of the iPad screen)

So, please, only what I want is back to the normal iPad screen with a total normal iPad screen and no irritating white or black status bar.

Thanks for the help!

John

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Can you take some screen captures of what you are referring to? I'm having a difficult time visualizing what you are describing. It sounds like you are talking about multiple problems?

Posted on
Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Oh, I think I may know the problem. The URL format you have is incorrect. You are trying to use the Web/Safari HTTP url but substituting indigo:// for the http://. See this document for the Indigo Touch URL format. Note there is no "name=" argument, but the control page name is part of the URL path.

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:18 am
McJohn offline

Thanks for the help and your patience Matt.

I already replaced the http:// for indigo, but then I got the black screen in Indigo Touch.
Below some pictures.
The first one(and second) is via Safari at the iPad with the :x white status bar
(xxxxxxxxxx:xxxx//controlpage?name=control%20page%20II)

Third is via Safari and then automatically to Indigo Touch;
(indigo://controlpage?name=control%20page%20II)
Then I got the total black screen.

Fourth; when I go to the control page list via Indigo Touch and select the control page II
I got a smaller control page with again (in black) the status bar AND the Indigo settings bar.
+ the heuristic images (in this example power and gas consumption), which are normally over the total screen has moved to a quarter up and left of the iPad screen.

So, indeed you saw it right, with iOs 8 and Indigo Touch 2 I have 2 problems more (or 2 challenges :D )

Thanks for the help!

John
Attachments
1iPad Safari control page II.jpg
Normal iPad screen via Safari WITH status bar
1iPad Safari control page II.jpg (23.4 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
2normal heuristic.jpg
Normal Heuristic image via Safari WITH status bar
2normal heuristic.jpg (16.32 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
3black screen via Safari->Indigo Touch.jpg
Black screen via Safari -> Indigo Touch ((indigo://controlpage?name=control%20page%20II)
3black screen via Safari->Indigo Touch.jpg (5.07 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
4Indigo Touch control page with 2 bars and quarter heuristic.jpg
Indigo Touch SMALLER control page via list with 2 bars and quarter heuristic
4Indigo Touch control page with 2 bars and quarter heuristic.jpg (22.27 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 am
RogueProeliator offline

I already replaced the http:// for indigo, but then I got the black screen in Indigo Touch.

I think that you mis-read Matt's post... you can not simply replace the http:// portion of the URL with indigo:// and have it work -- the format is slightly different. The http:// is pulling up in Safari because it is hitting the Indigo Web Service, but when you replace the http with indigo it becomes basically an instruction to the Indigo Touch App which does NOT understand the Safari url.

See the Wiki Page that Matt posted and compare -- there is no /controlpage?name= in the correct URL, rather the name of the control page is part of the URL itself.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:30 am
McJohn offline

Thanks Adam!
Sorry, it was indeed the link without "?name="
and
with "?hideNavBar=1"
it works!
indigo://controlpage/control%20page%20II?hideNavBar=1
was the right link, no irritating white status bar anymore.

But why are the heuristic images moved to a total other position?
(See screen dump above)

Thanks and kind regards,

John

PS; it looks likes the fonts are in Indigo Touch different than they are in Safari?

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The fonts can render differently. Using the Indigo Touch included Lato font will help if you switch to that.

I don't understand what you mean by heuristic images being moved. I do see a difference in the images above, but the images are small and I don't know enough about the Control Page and what specific controls are changing to be able to explain it. We'll need a lot more detail about how the problem controls are configured to help troubleshoot what is occurring.

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:31 am
McJohn offline

Thanks for the font tip Matt. It's a lot of work to change all the fonts.
It's like a domino effect; Apple changed the status bar in iOs 8, I can't use any longer Safari and with Indigo Touch I have to change a lot.
(and with a weather site link at the control page in Indigo Touch, the link goes to Safari and it doesn't goes back to the right Indigo Touch page).

The heuristic images (a whole iPad screen with power consumption or temperature info every 60 seconds) are perfect with Safari but they are moved in Indigo Touch. And I don't know how to solve this. (or play trial and error and make a special new control page for Indigo Touch but then I have to maintain 2 different control pages; 1 for Indigo Touch and 1 for the Macs and that's not handy.

Anyway, I think I'm going to search an old iPad with iOs 7 and then all my problems are solved :-)

Kind regards and many thanks for all the help.

John