Control page icons and onLoad command

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:01 am
cdeggz offline

Control page icons and onLoad command

I'm building my control pages and have to desires that would be very helpful. Maybe these exist. If not, feature request!

1. I like to have icons on my iPhone home screen that go straight to the control page, but every bookmark automatically gets the indigo icon. Can the
Code: Select all
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="iphone-icon.png"/>
feature be used so that we can pick our own icon?

2. It would be great to be able to do actions when the page load. This would allow you to click an iPhone home screen icon and have actions happen. Looking for a onLoad() action option.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control page icons and onLoad command

1) Not at the moment. Indigo doesn't render pages via HTML so that particular code is irrelevant.
2) Again, no javascript/html, but implementing something along those lines is on the request list for consideration in some future release.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm
cdeggz offline

When I go to a control page in Safari, it is loading HTML (or where does the HTML come from?).

Maybe I'm not following you, but I don't see why that code can't be added in the control page html sent to the browser.

Posted on
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Okay, so you are saving shortcuts from Safari on the iPhone/iPad to the home screen? Indigo does have a built-in Web server that serves HTML, but that isn't what Indigo Touch (native iOS app) uses. It connects to the Indigo Server and has its own internal renderer.

You can tweak the HTML template files Indigo uses when serving the former. They are located here:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/templates/

Note that edits may be overwritten by the Indigo installer (on next update) if we make a modifications of the template file you tweak, so save a copy of any edits you make so you can reapply them if needed.

Posted on
Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch for Web translates control pages into HTML dynamically, so an HTML onLoad() method would only work for Indigo Touch for Web. The right solution would be one that would work at the server level such that any control page load, regardless of client, would trigger some kind of execution.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1