[ANSWERED]: See error log data

Posted on
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 am
stevemac00 offline

[ANSWERED]: See error log data

I want to be able to monitor problems with Indigo from touch. I can easily stuff a variable with the last few lines of the event log but I can only display a single line in the control page. (I wish I could filter just the errors - red color info.)

Do you have an easy way for me to render those lines into an updating image?

Otherwise is there a way for me to set up a trigger to email the log data - only if an error occurs?

Posted on
Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: See error log data

Not currently, but on our feature request list is better control of Control Page variable display. It is also possible a major update to Indigo Touch will include Event Log viewing.

Posted on
Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:34 am
HA1 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: See error log data

Matt,

I want to strongly encourage support for Event Log viewing in Indigo Touch. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to go debugging some switch or bulb or whatever throughout the house and have thought "I wish I could see the log without having to go downstairs to look at my mac screen". It seems like a natural fit for a mobile app to be able to view events in real time.

Thanks for considering.
Neil

Posted on
Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 am
MarcoGT offline

Exactly, in this case I open VNC on my iPad to have a look at the Error Log Window :)

Posted on
Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:43 am
DaveL17 offline

The blog post for the new version of Touch says that log viewing will be supported.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1