[ANSWERED]Using HTML Editor to Create Control Pages

Posted on
Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 pm
Autobot offline

[ANSWERED]Using HTML Editor to Create Control Pages

Hi, I'm quite new to Indigo and especially to the Control Page feature so would appreciate some advice.

My understanding is that the Control Pages are (at the basic level) HTML pages served from Indigo Server.

So would I be able to create the basic page (i.e. design it with the visual elements) in an HTML editor and then put it in the control page folder?
Will I then be able to finish off the Control Page by assigning triggers, device states etc to various elements by using the editor in Indigo?

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Using HTML Editor to Create Control Pages

Control pages are actually not HTML - they are converted to HTML when rendered in Indigo Touch for the Web, but Indigo Touch for iOS renders the control page using native rendering.

So, no, you can't design an HTML page and have it rendered as a control page. If you are a web developer, you can develop your own pages and use the REST API to communicate with the server - but that takes an experienced web developer.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 pm
Autobot offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Using HTML Editor to Create Control Pages

Thanks Jay, that clears that up.
Just out of curiosity then, how do people produce those layered control pages with different tabs etc.?

Posted on
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I suspect they use different background images on multiple control pages, one for each selected "tab". Then they put a text caption page control on each tab that switches to the control page.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:27 pm
Autobot offline

Gotcha, thanks very much!

Page 1 of 1