[SOLVED] Delete key

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 am
autolog offline

[SOLVED] Delete key

It would speed up editing (in some cases) if the Delete command on the top menu in "Edit Control Page" was able to be invoked by hitting the delete key on the keyboard. :)
Last edited by autolog on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Delete key

What's the scenario exactly? Because when I have a page element selected in the control page editor, I can hit the delete key and it deletes the selected page element. It's all about keyboard focus - if you're in a text field (or you have Mac OS set to select controls via the tab key you've got a control selected) it won't delete the page element, but if you tab such that the page element is selected it works.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:06 am
autolog offline

jay (support) wrote:
What's the scenario exactly? Because when I have a page element selected in the control page editor, I can hit the delete key and it deletes the selected page element. It's all about keyboard focus - if you're in a text field (or you have Mac OS set to select controls via the tab key you've got a control selected) it won't delete the page element, but if you tab such that the page element is selected it works.

Not sure I fully understand.
I click on a page element and nothing is highlighted in the panels beneath the page. I hit the delete key and the Mac beeps at me. If I press TAB then the caption field is highlighted (it isn't before I press the TAB key).

Probably something to do with how I have set my mac up?

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Strange - it works fine for me. What OS and Indigo version are you running? See my attached screen grab.

ss14.png
ss14.png (25.63 KiB) Viewed 2130 times

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ah - are you sure you're not hitting the forward delete key rather than the delete (backspace) key?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 pm
autolog offline

jay (support) wrote:
Ah - are you sure you're not hitting the forward delete key rather than the delete (backspace) key?

Well spotted :D

That is it; I was hitting the key with 'delete' written on it, hence the delete key :wink:
The backspace key works - I know which one to press now - thanks for your help :)

btw - I am using a full Apple USB keyboard (UK) with numeric keys on the right.

Page 1 of 1