[SOLVED]Using same control page for different devices

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:31 pm
pgershon offline

[SOLVED]Using same control page for different devices

I have developed a control page to function as a music keypad for a Nuvo Concerto system functioning with a Concerto Plugin. There are six rooms in my house with music and I have six different devices (one for each room) set up with the plugin. Right now, I have needed to duplicate a control page six times so that the buttons will control one room or another. Is there a way to have the buttons on a control page which relate to a plug in have variable rather than fixed parameters for the plug in action? To state differently, I have an action group like increase volume which takes as its argument the room name. On my control page, I have an increase volume button which triggers the action group, but it does so for a specified room. I do not see a way to make the button specify a variable room name.

I suppose one way would be to have the button execute scripts that then send python or other commands to execute the action group.

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm
durosity offline

Re: Using same control page for different devices

pgershon wrote:
I suppose one way would be to have the button execute scripts that then send python or other commands to execute the action group.

AFAIK that’s the only way to do it. I’ve got the same kind of process setup for my AV controls for my TV.. each button activates an action group with a mini python script in it along the lines of:

LoungeSource = indigo.variables[800813087]
if LoungeSource.value == "appletv":
indigo.actionGroup.execute(637168336) #
elif LoungeSource.value == "sky":
indigo.actionGroup.execute(1453248150) #
elif LoungeSource.value == "xbox":
indigo.actionGroup.execute(3213211180) #
elif LoungeSource.value == "freeview":
indigo.actionGroup.execute(8098321956) #
elif LoungeSource.value == "ps3":
indigo.actionGroup.execute(2309832098) #

then each individual action groups sends the relevant IR signal.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Using same control page for different devices

Yeah - I think a script attachment would be the best way - then the actions on the page would just call a handler in the script attachment and pass some device identifier.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1