Control Pages "Client Actions" for page navigation

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:31 am
amannone offline

Control Pages "Client Actions" for page navigation

Hey Forum.
Can someone help me understand the differences in Client Actions for control page navigation? Both "Advance to Control Page" and "Replace with Control Page" take me to the control page I specific in the drop-down list. But what's actually happening in the backend and is there a benefit or advantage of using one over the other?

Thanks,
-Andrew

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:37 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Control Pages "Client Actions" for page navigation

Advance to control page allows you to use the BACK command to return to the previous page, so think of it as navigating in a browser - while the replace replaces the contents of the current page with the contents of the requested page, more of an "AJAX' type of operation that doesn't navigate you elsewhere but rather updates what is here. I use the replace 99% of the time because I don't want to have to page back one page at a time if I want to return to a particular page. Of course my control page designs tend to be complex enough that I don't use BACK anyway, instead opting to have nav controls on each page so I can just instantly pop into where I need to be.

To see how it works, try using both and then use BACK to see how they do different things.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:22 am
amannone offline

Re: Control Pages "Client Actions" for page navigation

Awesome - Thank you for the info.

Cheers!
-Andrew

Page 1 of 1