[ANSWERED]Disable image drag and drop

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:46 am
pnm offline

[ANSWERED]Disable image drag and drop

I've created a couple of basic buttons using the large icons that are available. The functionality works fine in the Touch app, but if I use a browser e.g. Safari, or IE they are draggable by holding down the mouse button. As I'm trying to get this working as a touch interface it doesn't look particularly good as if you move your finger when touching it the control follows you.

If there any way to disable this effect?

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:18 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Disable image drag and drop

This is standard behavior for desktop browsers and the img HTML tag. Not sure of any way to disable that behavior. I believe there are some CSS tricks that can disable that behavior so you might be able to hack up the templates that the Indigo web server uses to display control pages but of course it would be an unsupported implementation.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:33 am
pnm offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Disable image drag and drop

Can you suggest another way to implement a touch interface then that's not based on the Touch App?

Posted on
Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you want a full, completely customized graphical UI, then control pages are definitely the simplest way. You could build your own custom website that uses the RESTful API to control Indigo. But getting images to not drag would be an exercise for you to figure out (I think it can be done with CSS images but I've not really looked into it).

Depending on what your target platform is, you could try one of the other clients that have Indigo baked in: DomoPad (for Android), Home Remote or Simple Control. There are also other UI construction kits that allow the use of HTTP commands (like iRule for instance) - as long as they support HTTP Digest Authentication then they can be configured to talk to Indigo's RESTful API.

Finally, if you're a developer, you can develop your own client (a la DomoPad) that has all the same features of our Indigo Touch clients. The APIs for that are available - contact us for more information.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 am
RogueProeliator offline

Can you suggest another way to implement a touch interface then that's not based on the Touch App?

Jay is right - if you let us know the target device/environment then we might have some better suggestions. There are a couple of CSS and IMG attributes that you can apply to make them not draggable/selectable but it isn't the easiest thing in the world to hit all browsers. This is one area that is definitely browser and version specific.

Page 1 of 1