[ANSWERED]: User assigned acsess

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:55 pm
bcondemi offline

[ANSWERED]: User assigned acsess

Not sure if this is the correct section, however here goes...

Does Version 7 allow different users (different logins to only see their own scenes/switches), rather than having one global login and all users see all switched/controls?

I guess i am referring to the Indigo touch app (or any controller/app) that different users would have access to)

thank-you

BC

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: User assigned acsess

That wasn't addressed in 7.0, but is definitely still on our radar. It is clustered as part of a bunch of Control Page and Web Server related change we hope to get to in a future version.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:18 pm
bcondemi offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: User assigned acsess

Thank you for the answer .

Is it possible to run indigo 6/7 multi instance ?
Just thinking a possible work-around, where I can create separate username/password/ports on each instance of indigo running ? (All on the same computer running of course)

... just a thought

BC

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, no. Indigo won't let you start multiple servers and there wouldn't be a way they can share the USB hardware.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:53 pm
hamw offline

First, congrats on getting v7 out the door. Sounds like it will be great. :D

Regarding user defined access, this is something that I and others have mentioned for years, and I was truly hoping would surface in v7. This program would be so much more useful if one could lock out critical or security related pages, for instance water control, alarm etc, and just present a subset of pages for a household public device. So, as a for instance, I can never use Indigo as a TV controller that I can leave around for anyone to use. We have kids, their friends, the maid, occasional workers etc., and I simply can't take the risk. As a result, only I and my wife have Indigo on our password protected phones and a single iPad. Would love to ditch the remotes and take advantage of the full capabilities but I can't because of these security concerns. I certainly hope you all can appreciate what a problem this is and figure out how to incorporate this feature.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Definitely pretty high on the priority list.

Page 1 of 1