[ANSWERED]Defining Scenes how to

Posted on
Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:26 pm
lalisingh offline

[ANSWERED]Defining Scenes how to

Would love to get some ideas on how to update a scene button on a control page.

As an example:
Let say there are 3 lights controlled by a switchlinc dimmer and and 1 fan controlled by a fanlinc in a room. I can set the desired dim state and fan speed in a control page using the popup UI control.

I would then like to save the state of these lights (dim on/off) and fan speed by pressing a scene button on a control page.

Thanks

[url]https://www.VillageWorker.com[/url]
Extreme data analytics, Sensing, Control integration work.
Indigo • Barix • Kentix • Mobotix • Mikrotik • Apple

Posted on
Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:31 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Defining Scenes how to

In going through the forums marking threads closed, I realized nobody ever replied to this one.

There is no built-in way, but you could script it. You could have an action group that executes a script that looks at the states of each device you're interested in, saves those states off (to a variable probably). Then you could have another action group that executes another script that sets the state of the devices to the state stored in the variable.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm
lalisingh offline

Re: Defining Scenes how to

jay (support) wrote:
In going through the forums marking threads closed, I realized nobody ever replied to this one.

There is no built-in way, but you could script it. You could have an action group that executes a script that looks at the states of each device you're interested in, saves those states off (to a variable probably). Then you could have another action group that executes another script that sets the state of the devices to the state stored in the variable.

Jay, thank you for the followup.

The solution was quite simple using virtual devices.

By placing all the devices in a room into 4 virtual devices the user can set the appropriate on/off or dimming state and update the state for the relevant virtual device. The only thing that would be helpful is to improve the logic to determine on/off for a virtual device. For instance the current logic is to test for brightness >= to a level. There is a common case to check for brightness exactly = to some level.

[url]https://www.VillageWorker.com[/url]
Extreme data analytics, Sensing, Control integration work.
Indigo • Barix • Kentix • Mobotix • Mikrotik • Apple

Page 1 of 1