[ANSWERED]Copy actions from a Trigger event or convert

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:32 pm
unfrostedpoptart offline

[ANSWERED]Copy actions from a Trigger event or convert

Hi all.

Loving the program and adding lots of devices and plugins.

Question: already several times now, I've set up a Trigger (e.g. wireless keypad) with an Action (e.g. turn on light) and then started adding more Actions (other lights, etc). It starts to get unwieldy especially if I then want other Triggers to have the same actions. So, I want to convert all those actions into and action group. However, I don't see any way to to this, even copying the actions one at a time. So, instead, I have to take a bunch of time to recreate each action in a new action group.

Is there a better/faster way to do this? I hope so since this is starting to get tiring. Can I at least do some kind of XML export/import and do the conversion in a text editor?

Thanks for any info / solutions.

David

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Copy actions from a Trigger event or convert to Action G

There's no automatic way (though it's on our feature request list for consideration in future versions). You could edit the database file by hand (make a copy first) and take the actions out of the trigger definition and create a new action group for them. I wouldn't recommend it though given the likelihood of copy/paste errors, etc.

A couple of points: first, while it may seem like you'll be doing it a lot (because you're doing your initial install), it's actually not something that you'll find you'll be doing very often once you get the basics done because your system will grow and change at a much slower rate. Second, if you really think it's going to be a problem, why not just convert to an Action Group when you add the second action? It's fairly quick to reproduce just one action so you'll save yourself some potential time by doing it when you add the second action.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:22 am
ChopOMatic offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Copy actions from a Trigger event or convert

I'm gonna second the notion that the ability to copy actions from the TRIGGERS page into ACTION GROUPS is such an obvious feature that it's a boggle that it isn't already there. Really strange to see such a powerful app missing such a rudimentary feature.

Posted on
Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You'd be surprised at the number of feature requests that are higher priority given the relatively low demand for this feature.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:56 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I'd like to 3rd or 4th the ability to copy paste actions, either from triggers or other actions.
It would be terrific to be able to view the list of actions and be able to drag them to other actions.
It never fails for me to have a lot of actions that need the same new one in each.

Thanks,

Carl

Page 1 of 1