I could use help automating a fan with an ir power toggle

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2016 2:31 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: I could use help automating a fan with an ir power toggl

How would you trigger your "Leaving" action group? If it's a keypad button press for instance, then you could have 2 identical triggers on that button press - one for all the things that always happen, and another that turns on the light with the condition that it's dark outside.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon May 23, 2016 3:06 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Call a second action group that has the condition in it for after dark, and just the porch lights for actions.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 11:04 pm
SHKnapp offline

I would love to call an action group that has a condition on it, but unless I'm missing something... only triggers and schedules have conditions. So instead I would have to create a second action group with things I want to have happen when leaving after dark. Then create a leaving variable to trigger the leaving after dark then reset the var. In my coming home action group.

If conditions were available everywhere, even on device actions then I wouldn't need a variable I have to manage. Or if there were server action that would directly execute a trigger without needing a variable. The ability directly execute a trigger without the need for a variable I have to manage is there in the interface in the form of a button in the lower right... " execute actions now" I wish that button was a server action. Or if I could just add a trigger to an action group and that alone was enough to "trigger" it.

Jay, I use the fingscan plugin to manage the coming and going of people in the house because that plugin has ass the smarts I need it to.

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 am
FlyingDiver offline

SHKnapp wrote:
Jay, I use the fingscan plugin to manage the coming and going of people in the house because that plugin has ass the smarts I need it to.

You should be able to put two triggers on each fingscan event to do what Jay suggested. I'm just implementing fingscan now, so I haven't tried anything complicated yet.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed May 25, 2016 10:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That was my point as well - you have something that's generating an event that you'd be calling your actions from.

The Execute Actions Now button isn't what you want because it does exactly what it says - it executes the actions without regard to any conditions. There is, however, a script command that you can use in a simple Python script action:

Code: Select all
indigo.trigger.execute(TRIGGERIDHERE, ignoreConditions=False)

This will cause the trigger with the specified ID to execute, and the conditions will be evaluated.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 9:26 am
SHKnapp offline

Thanks Jay... I can use this in a few places to execute triggers w/o the need to manage a variable to trigger them. Exactly what I was looking for earlier in the thread when I wanted the ability to "call" a trigger.
Thanks