Vacation Mode

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:59 pm
gregtee offline

Vacation Mode

Hello all,

I've been searching for some way to keep schedules from executing based on wether or not I'm home or on vacation. Ideally I'd like only like certain devices to run if I'm home or not and I can't for life of me figure this out. In my old home automation program called Homeseer I would do this by creating a virtual device called say "Home", and have it set to True, or On, and all my scheduled executions would check to see if that virtual device is True or False and them act accordingly.

I've found the virtual device in Indigo but it doesn't seem to do anything. Hitting the On and Off command returns no change in value, so I'm stumped on that aspect all by itself, but perhaps I'm approaching this the wrong way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:35 pm
jalves offline

Re: Vacation Mode

No need for a virtual device. Just make a new variable called "Vacation" or something similar. Set it to True when you will be on vacation. Then in each action (trigger or schedule) you want to depend on this value, in the "condition" tab check for Vacation = True.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:45 pm
gregtee offline

Thanks Jeff,

Next dumb question; I don't see any variable options anywhere in the drop downs. How does one create this?

Thanks again

Greg

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:03 pm
jalves offline

From the menus at the top of the page, select Window and from there Variable List. In the Variable List window that comes up, click on New.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1