[SOLVED]Schedule/Condition & I/O Linc Issues

Posted on
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:04 pm
dwfa offline

[SOLVED]Schedule/Condition & I/O Linc Issues

Hi,

I am using Indigo 6.0.20 with OS X 10.10.3 and I have an issue with Schedule Conditions for my I/O Linc Controller 2450 Firmware 36 (i2 engine). Here is what I want to do:
Each day at 8pm check if the garage door is open, and if it is close it.

To solve this I tried to create a scheduled activity with the following condition (used insert into event window log to get the following)
Code: Select all
 "All" "of the following rules are true"
        "If device" "Garage Door Double" "Binary Output 1 (on or off)" "is off"

The result is that this always returns true regardless of the state of the door (opened or closed) and therefore the action is always executed :(

I have tried it with:
    "Binary Output 1 (on or off)" “is on”
    "Binary Input 1 (closed or open)" "is open"
    "Binary Input 1 (closed or open)" "is closed"
All return true and the action is always executed. :?

I investigated a little further using the IPH module and executed the following Python scripts
Code: Select all
gdDoubleID = indigo.devices["Garage Door Double"].id
print "Binary output " + str(indigo.devices[gdDoubleID].binaryOutputs)

When the door is closed I get false printed out. When the door is opened I get true printed out.

Why does the condition not work the same way? Any help is appreciated.

---
Cheers!
dwfa

Posted on
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:32 am
howartp offline

Re: Schedule/Condition & I/O Linc Issues

Are you using the 'Execute actions now' button I the schedule window, to try and test it with? If so, I think that ignores the conditions and simply executes them anyway.

Posted on
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The output is what controls the operation of the door (you turn on the output to start the garage door movement). The input is what reflects the state of the door.

I'm not sure why your condition on the input didn't work, but I'd try that again. You might want to check it manually (look at the input when the door is open and closed to make sure it tracks) to make sure that you've got the I/O Linc set up correctly and that it's working.

And finally, as howartp pointed out, if you're testing using the "Execute actions now" button it will skip evaluating the conditions and just execute the actions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:02 pm
dwfa offline

Thanks for the feedback - I will use this information and try again. Thx ...

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:06 am
dwfa offline

Hi,

I played around with the binaryInput and binaryOutput. This is what I found: The binaryInput does not change from false regardless if the garage door is open or closed. The binaryOutput only changes when I use Indigo to open the garage door. If I use the remote control indigo still reports false. I am very confused.

Since I have two of them I am going to reset on to the factory defaults and try it out.

I do have two questions
    What is the difference between Momentary A, B,C ?
    What should I use for wiring, N/O or N/C?

Thanks for all the help ...

Posted on
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If your binaryInput isn't changing, then either you have the sensor wired incorrectly, the sensor is malfunctioning, or the I/O Linc is malfunctioning. The easiest way to test it is to just the latter is to connect a wire to S(ense) and another to GND - then you should be able to short/unshort the other ends of the wires together and see the state of the I/O link switch from open to closed. That will prove that the I/O Link's input is working.

Discussion of Momentary A, B, C

Note, however, that you don't need to know the difference. Just set your I/O Linc up as described in the first three steps of this wiki article and it should work fine on your garage door.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:12 am
dwfa offline

Success! It seems the problem was with the magnetic sensors, they were just too far apart. I did not have one end secured ( using the magnetism to attach to the door :shock: ). I have secured both parts. I guess I should have looked there first. Thanks for all your help on this. I will fiddle with the other garage door later.

----
Cheers!
dwfa

Page 1 of 1