conditional trigger or script?

Posted on
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm
Ian offline

conditional trigger or script?

Looking for some help on best way to proceed with my scenario. I want to establish a trigger that will work if 3 conditions are met. This in itself would be fairly straightforward but here is my scenario. Leaving my house I open the door and close it which is monitored by a trigger linc. ....This is logged as
Front Door Sensor Received INSTEON "Front Door Sensor" on (button 1)
followed by
Received INSTEON "Front Door Sensor" off (button 1).
a few seconds later you walk by a photbeam trigger (hooked up to iolinc) walking away from the door.

It sends the same info more a less as you walk by....ie Photbeam sensor "On" followed by Photobeam sensor "off"

i want the trigger to happen if the photobeam trigger is sensed and the door was opened shortly before that (within 4-6 seconds). this indicates a body is leaving the house as opposed coming to the house (which would trigger different scenarios).

3rd condition is "Dark"

Obviously I can't do this with condition on the trigger as the front door is now closed.

Is a script the best way to proceed as a condition or is there another method to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Cheers.....Ian

Posted on
Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:46 am
strudel offline

Re: conditional trigger or script?

Let me first caveat this with the fact that I'm not an expert.

Why not setup a 6 second timer to start every time you open the door. Then have the photo beam kick off a trigger that checks to see if the timer is running?

Page 1 of 1