Auto turn off after X

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 am
MarcoGT offline

Auto turn off after X

Hi all,

I have few schedules with "auto switch off" (2 mins, normally) and they work perfectly.
Then last week I set up a schedule which turns on a wall plug and turns it off 7h later.
It simply does not work, even in logs I do not see the auto turn off. As workaround, I set up a second schedule to turn it off at desired time, but this is not what I wanted :)

Does anyone have the same problem? Is it maybe related to fact the the turn off is too much in the future?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:58 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Auto turn off after X

I assume you are using the "Auto-off after X" portion of the schedule. That should work, and you should see an _auto_off_[name of your device] in the schedules for that off time - do you see that in there either directly afterwards or about the time when it should be turning off? That could be a clue to what is happening.

Also, I wrote a plugin that might help you reign in your multiple schedules a bit, I wrote it for just this purpose, called Powermiser, you might want to take a gander and see if that makes life easier. Whether or not it fixes this problem is unknown, but it might.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 pm
MarcoGT offline

Yes, I know that I should expect that entry in the log files, but it is not there (but I see it for other schedules I have).
I will have a look at your plugin, thanks a lot :)

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:53 am
howartp offline

Do you have any other actions or schedules that might be calling 'clear existing auto schedules on this device' that you've maybe forgotten about?

(Can't remember the name exactly but it does what it says)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:47 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

howartp wrote:
(Can't remember the name exactly but it does what it says)

Do you mean the Server Action?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 1.45.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 1.45.53 AM.png (37.06 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:00 pm
howartp offline

That's the thing.

I think (?) there's also a checkbox when you set a delay on an action, to similarly cancel previous delayed actions for the same device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1